Today’s students are tomorrow’s leaders. When young people learn the value of helping others, they can have a positive impact in their communities now and in the future.
Some students in the Louisville community already are making a difference by volunteering their time and talents to help those who are less fortunate. These bright young people understand that by giving of themselves, they and their communities gain.
Scholarship Honors Selfless Students
At Meinhart, Smith & Manning, we fully support students who are dedicated to helping others. To honor the efforts of these compassionate young people, we’re offering the Meinhart Smith & Manning PLLC Improving Louisville Scholarship. The scholarship will assist a student who has made an impact through service to the community and wishes to pursue a higher education.
The $1,000 scholarship will be awarded to a student with a record of helping others in the community, whether through volunteering or other outstanding efforts. To apply, you must be either a local Louisville high school senior who will be entering college or a local Louisville undergraduate student. Applicants must be accepted into an accredited four-year university or law school in Kentucky, or anywhere in the United States, for enrollment in fall 2017.
The Improving Louisville Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses, and payment will be made directly to the award recipient’s educational institution. The recipient must submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
- A completed Scholarship Application Form.
- A three-page, typed essay describing the student’s volunteer efforts that have provided benefit to the Louisville community.
- An official copy of high school or undergraduate transcripts. A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is required for application.
- A letter of acceptance from an accredited university or law school in the United States for fall 2017.
- Proof of legal residency in the United States. Acceptable documents include a birth certificate, passport or permanent residency card.
- The Improving Louisville Scholarship is to be used exclusively for school tuition and related expenses.
- A check for $1,000 will be made payable to the award recipient’s law school to cover these expenses.
- Recipient is expected to submit receipts in accordance with IRS regulations.
The application deadline for the Improving Louisville Scholarship is Aug. 1, 2017, and the award will be announced in mid-August. If you know of a bright student who might qualify for the scholarship, please share this page.
Completed applications must be submitted no later than August 1, 2017. Application materials should be e-mailed in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do NOT call the office with questions regarding the scholarship. All questions should be sent to email@example.com
Read About Our Past Scholarship Winners: